Friday, December 18, 2009

DESPONDENCY

Note: This was the first poem ever written by me at an age of 18. This was written before I started moving towards atheism.. I have posted it just for the fun of it, as I happened to come across it…..

As despondent as a person might seem,

There is always a way to bring back the forsaken zeal.

By reminding him that this life is all a dream!

A dream! Yes!

A dream from which we shall all awake,

To find ourselves in a place,

From where when we see,

All these despondencies,

It shall all look like trivial matter indeed!

For then, the real despondency shall sink in,

Of wasting this precious life on earth.!

The life in which amidst all the material pleasure,

We forget, all about the real task.

To accomplish which we came on earth.

We came on earth, to get closer to Him.

To become one with the one!!!

But alas!

There, when, back from life on earth,

We find ourselves,

Much further away from Him, Than ever before!!!

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I can see the flow of thoughts that come clearly out of the mind of a teenager. This is how a teenager is, impulsive, sometimes moody, sometimes thinking ahead of his/her age. The message, however, is loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thought provoking poem which I enjoyed reading.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, to be honest, I didn't like the subject of the poem. But the way you've written it is as good as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very captivating... I wonder why you moved towards atheism... anyhow, i enjoyed bein' here... thanks for sharing this one...

    >Good day!!!:)

    `Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said on FB, this sure is a good one...I'm expecting a happy poem the next time around..not that this is sad..but it has a serious tone to it...It'd be great to see you writing some cheerful stuff! Keep it coming! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all!!!
    @Karthik- ya to be honest this is not a subject I would choose to write now on.... just posted it as it was my first....

    @Windowlad- Thank you... Keep visiting...

    @Raksha- your wishes shall be fulfilled!! :) :)

    @Rajlakshmi- Thank you.. Do keep visiting...

    @Yvonne- Am glad you enjoyed it...

    @Vittaldas- Thank you keep visiting.. hope you liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...I see that its not relevant to you today. But then, as a teenager, you have spoken as most teens would :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice poem. Thanks for sharing. You moved towards atheism. I am reminded of a couple of lines from a poem written by Tamil poet Kannadasan.

    Naan naathigan anayne avan bayapadavillai
    Naan aathigan anayne avan agapadavillai

    (I became an atheist but He was not afraid of me. I became a believer but I could not find him.)

    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We came on earth, to get closer to Him.

    To become one with the one!!!

    But alas!

    There, when, back from life on earth,

    We find ourselves,

    Much further away from Him, Than ever before!!!

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete